Watch "The Magic & Mystery of Sable Island"
A film by Gary Jobson
About 200 miles southeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia sits a remote island of sand, and grass.
This crescent shaped island is home to a herd of 500 wild horses, many thousands of gray seals, and some birds and insects that are indigenous only on Sable Island.
Productions from Jobson Sailing
Through Jobson Sailing, Inc., Gary Jobson produces award-winning films and television programs.
Above is a selection of just a handful of the more than 1,000 successful productions.
If you have a story that needs telling and would like Gary to produce it, click here to contact Jobson Sailing, Inc.
Between 1933 and 1956, Irving and Electa Johnson sailed with young, inexperienced sailors aboard two schooners, both named Yankee. Each time the Johnsons set sail for a voyage, they witnessed new and remote places that few people had visited. World class sailor and film producer Gary Jobson narrates the original footage shot by Captain Johnson and the Yankee crew which is now archived at Mystic Seaport. In exclusive new interviews some of the crew members pay tribute to the Johnsons and share their lifetime memories of the voyages around the world.
The travels took the Johnson and the crews to mysterious Easter Island and the beautiful Bali where they meet intriguing inhabitants, and experienced true maritime history when they raised the anchor of the HMS Bounty on Pitcairn Islands.
Unfurl the world, and discover all the excitement and beauty of travelling around the world without even leaving your seat.
The one hour, seventeen minute DVD is available online from the Mystic Seaport Museum.
- 2016 The Magic and Mystery of Sable Island
- 2013 Lake Champlain Community Sailing Center
- 2013 Webb Institute: Engineering Excellence A College Like No Other
- 2013 NSHOF We Are Sailors
- 2012 The Science & Culture of Lowell North
- 2012 History of the America's Cup Races 1851-2012
- 2012 Unfurling the World The Voyages of Irving and Electa Johnson
- 2012 '87 AC Retrospective (Stars & Stripes 25th Anniversary)
- 2011 Racing for an Ocean Record
- 2011 Championship Sailing The Best of One Design Racing
- 2011 North Technology Group
- 2010 Man Against Nature: Long Distance Racing
- 2010 America's Cup 12 Metre Era Reunion
- 2010 Women's Intl Match Racing
- 2010 Energy on Trial
- 2010 Eastern Yacht Club
- 2009 SUNY Maritime College
- 2009 NYYC Invitational Cup
- 2009 North Sails 3DL
- 2009 Maine Built Boats Art & Soul
- 2009 12 Meter World Championship
- 2008 Chicago Mac Race (100th Anniversary)
- 2007 Outward Bound The Wilderness Experience
- 2006 Racing to Bermuda A Century on the Ocean
- 2005 Rolex Transatlantic Challenge
- Gary Jobson Presents Polar Sailing : Expedition Antarctica
- Gary Jobson Presents Polar Sailing : Expedition to the Arctic: 80° North
- Caution to the Wind: 1997-98 Whitbread Race
- Fighting Finish: 2001-02 Volvo Ocean Race
- 2005 ICSA/Layline North American Team Race Championship and ICSA/Gill North American Coed Dinghy Championship
- Bonanza in Savannah (1996 Yachting Olympics)
- 1995 America's Cup: Higher & Faster
- 1993/94 Whitbread Round the World Race
- A Portrait of Cape Horn: The Beauty and the Fury
- Whitbread: The First 20 Years
- With Swelling Sails (Narration with Walter Cronkite) : The New York Yacht Club's Sesquicentennial Celebration
- 1992 America's Cup
- Sailing Quarterly Video Magazine : 24 one-hour volumes produced from 1989 to 1995
- Best of Grand Prix Sailing
- 1989/90 Whitbread Round the World Race
- 1988 America's Cup
Page 1 of 2